︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎
HOME / MANIFESTO / UPCOMING EVENTS / MEDIA / PAST EVENTS / STORE / ABOUT
Who we are
OBJECT:PARADISE is a performance and poetics collective founded in 2018 in Prague, Czech Republic by Tyko Say and Jeff Milton. The original concept was simple and remains our core principle today: let’s make the public poetry reading more accessible.
We don’t believe in a poetic language nor the best words in the best order, but rather believe that readings can be a celebration of language that everyone can come to. We want to deconstruct the classism and prejudice inherent in “good” language versus “bad” language use and, instead, celebrate the moment that language exists in.
In 2018, OBJECT:PARADISE had its first event, Poetry of Sound, at the Czech Inn in Prague, Czech Republic. The happening would inspire later events that emphasize the connotative forces of language; specifically, performance, sound, and space.
The collective has three equal governing bodies which are reflective of their mission to celebrate language in context: poetics, performance, and sound.
Since its creation, the collective has curated and directed various performances, installations, and multi-media projects in light of their Manifesto, generating a strong following of community members who seek to engage with poetics in a low-brow, accessible, and immersive way.
[last updated September 22, 2023]
- Collages of KROTCH and media are used in the scenography of Prague Microfestival MicroLabs (September 2023).
- OBJECT:PARADISE hosts its eight language happening, a three-day festival--Performance, Deformance, Reformance--across Czechia and Poland, featuring a curation of over fifty performances (August 2023).
- OBJECT:PRAHA III The Manifesto is screened at Hardcœur Festival in Soucy, France (August 2023).
- Excerpts of KROTCH Magazine are exhibited at Vangaurdia Network Party, curated by Jo Blin &
Lucie Alalu (August 2023).
- KROTCH Magazine celebrates 1-year of print with a special issue on OBJECT:PARADISE’s upcoming event: Performance, Deformance, Reformance (June 2023).
- Warm Braník plays a concert at U Habásků, Prague (May 2022).
- OBJECT:PARADISE is awarded a grant for their upcoming festival Performance, Deformance, Reformance from the VisegradFund (April 2023).
- Chairman Tyko Say is interviewed by City Life Magazine (iDnes) about the Prague creative community (April 2023).
- Atticus Review promotes OBJECT:PRAHA II (December 2022).
- KROTCH Magazine begins selling at The Globe Bookstore and Žižkovšiška in Prague (December 2022).
- Kafka Desk writes about The Souterranians poetry anthology (October 2022).
- OBJECT:PARADISE is mentioned in the Prague poetry anthology The Souterranians (October 2022).
- OBJECT:PRAHA III : The Manifesto premieres at Prague Micro Festival (October 2022).
- A2 Magazine promotes the upcoming Prague Micro Festival (October 2022).
- OBJECT:SHOWCASE curation begins featuring Viviana Druga and Adam Ritzke (June - October 2022).
- Roksan Mandel steps down as the collective’s Sound Director (November 2022).
- This Happened, Yet it is Happening is featured in the South Florida Poetry Journal (November 2022).
- KROTCH Magazine is exhibited in Sandra Pasławska’s exhibiton How We Eat at Žižkovšiška, Prague (September 2022).
- This Happened Yet is Happening is featured at Terrain 13 Festival in Spokane Washington (July 2022).
- Ondrej Macl of iTvar Magazine writes about Thought & Beat (July 2022).
- KROTCH Magazine launches (June 2022).
- A selection of OBJECT:PARADISE videos are shown at Kampus Hybernská Sjezdu spisovatelů (June 2022).
- A2 Magazine writes about OBJECT:PARADISE (June 2022).
- Warm Braník performs at Žižkovska Noc Festival (March 2022).
- Radio Prague International discusses OBJECT:PARADISE (January 2022).
- OBJECT:PARADISE Volume II is pressed on vinyl with Sifter Grim Records in Seattle (January 2022).
- OBJECT:PARADISE hosts its seventh language happening, Thought & Beat, where OBJECT:PARADISE Volume II and OBJECT:PRAHA II are also released (January 2022).
- OBJECT:PRAHA II is featured in University Austin Texas’s Apricity Magazine (January 2022).
- Prague Monitor writes about OBJECT:PARADISE Volume II to be released in January 2022 (December 2021).
- Tyko Say, Jaromír Lelek, Sandra Pasławska, and Roksan Mandel create the punk poetry project Warm Braník where they perform at Žižkovska Noc Festival (October 2022).
- Tyko Say discusses OBJECT:PARADISE in Authority Magazine (July 2021).
- OBJECT:PARADISE hosts its sixth language happening, Excuse me, Žižkov (July 2021).
- A selection of OBJECT:PARADISE VHS videos are shown at Večer Poezie (July 2021).
- Prague Monitor writes about Excuse me, Žižkov (June 2021).
- The Installation Now Showing with FlowChart Foundation of Hudson New York begins (March 2021).
- OBJECT:PRAHA is featured at Versopolis Festival of Hope 2 (February 2021).
- The OBJECT:PARADISE Manifesto is written (2020).
- OBJECT:PARADISE registers as a non-profit organization with four members: Tyko Say, Sandra Pasławska, Jaromír Lelek, and Roksan Mandel (2020).
- OBJECT:PRAHA premieres at Prague Microfestival XIV (November 2020).
- OBJECT:SUNSET, a live-streamed VHS readings and piano performance on a Prague Rooftop is held (August 2020)
- OBJECT:PARADISE is presented at Gathering of the Clans: a presentation of contemporary literary groups in Prague (July 2022).
- OBJECT:PARADISE hosts its fith event, Tunnel Vision(s) (July 2020).
- At The Corner to the Right is filmed (July 2020).
- The interview series OBJECT:VAULT begins with its first episode of Jaromír Lelek (June 2020).
- OBJECT:PARADISE Volume I is released (November 2019).
- OBJECT:PARADISE hosts its fourth event Channels of Communication (November 2019).
- OBJECT:PARADISE hosts its third event Sound of June at Zázemí (June 2019).
OBJECT:PARADISE hosts its second event, Architecture of Poetry, at Cafe Souterrain (February 2019).
- OBJECT:PARADISE’s first event, Poetry of Sound, is held at the Czech Inn (November 2018).
- Tyko Say and Jeff Milton form OBJECT:PARADISE (October 2018).
The OBJECT:PARADISE collective is currently governed by three members ︎
Founder & Director of Poetics and Media
Director of Performance
Director of Poetics & Czech Media
Read our Manifesto here Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎
Public press pack
︎ ︎ ︎ ︎ ︎
Public press pack